Electric shock caused by mobile crane boom coming into contact with high-voltage
line while hoisting containers
[Description of the Accident]
From the morning on the day of the accident, the victim was engaged in work to transport containers of corn from a farm to the warehouse of a consignee by a truck on which a mobile crane was installed.
Around 18:00 when the victim was extending the mobile crane boom to load the sixth container on the truck, the boom contacted a 6,600-volt overhead high-voltage line.
As the victim was supporting the steel container with his bare hands to steady its positioning, he was immediately electrocuted.
1.The mobile crane boom was extended right beneath a high-voltage electric
2. The dangerous circumstances were misjudged as the work was carried out
in the darkness after sunset.
3. The victim had not received any safety and health education.